Presentation guidance and suggestions
To prepare for nominating your favorite charitable organization, we suggest that you know at least the following information for your presentation and the five-minute Q & A in the event you are selected to present at the meeting:
- A brief history of the organization's founding: who they are, what they do, and how you came to know about them. The members want to see through your lens. Speak from the heart!
- Annual budget of the organization.
- The percentage of dollars spent on administrative costs vs. the percentage of dollars spent on programs and activities that serve their mission.
- Who do they serve in Hartford County? Be as specific as possible.
- How does the organization plan to use the donation from 100WWC/FV? Do they have a program in the $10-14k range they specifically need funded? If yes, tell us about that program!
- If there isn't a specific program and the money will go toward a program that has an existing larger budget, how will the organization secure the rest of the funding? Is this program going forward with or without 100WWC/FV money?
- How is the organization funded - private donations, federal or state grants, corporate donations, in-kind services, or a combination of these?
- Is a donation of this size a "drop in the bucket" or a big boost for your organization?
- Is the program this money would support ongoing, or is it a "one and done?"
- For a big/global institution, consider all of the above, PLUS does the local group/chapter have any say in how this donation is used? Do all funds donated go into a national fund regardless of which chapter received it? Is the organization able to assure 100WWC/FV that the funds will be used to benefit its Hartford County chapter?
We hope this information is helpful to you in preparing, both to nominate and present at our meeting. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!